Who? What? Where? - The Met Gala 2015

May 06, 2015

The Met is the most iconic building in the fashion industry. The steps alone are a symbol of high school hierarchy (in Gossip Girl at least) and the annual Met Gala takes place here, hosted by none other than Anna Wintour.
Forget the Oscars, forget Fashion Week, the Met Ball is, without question, the most fashionable event of the year. The tickets cost a mere $25,000 but it's the dresses that everyone cares about. Below are my favourite looks from the Met Gala 2015. Let me know which ones you love and loathe. 

1. Zendaya is only 18 years old and despite this being her first time at the Met Gala, she absolutely killed it. Everything from the tiara to the train, the contrast of the red, black and gold...just perfect. I couldn't love the outfit more. 

2. Poppy Delevingne, who recently celebrated her 29th birthday, aced her look. The organza flowers perfectly acknowledge the theme (and her name) without over doing it, and are balanced beautifully by the full skirt.

3. Lily Aldridge was an absolute beauty in blue. Despite not truly acknowledging the theme, I adore the water-like look. The ruffles on the skirt, which resembled waves, were highlighted by a unique fish clutch and a bold lipstick to pull the look together. Lily, I'm in love.

4. Sienna Miller took an unusual route to wow in red. The black drawstring waist breaks up the red beautifully, and her understated hairstyle allows the tasseled earrings to work their magic.

5. Maggie Q looked absolutely stunning in a Tory Burch two piece outfit. The all white look is just stunning, and I adore the detailing on the side of the tunic. 

So, they are my five favourite looks. Although I was slightly disappointed with this year's red carpet, I do adore the above outfits. Overall, I thought the celebs could have put in a little bit more effort to work the extravagant theme...but that's just my opinion! Let me know what you thought of the Met Gala 2015 looks in the comments below.

Images: Popsugar and Style.com App

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Sign Up for Updates

Follow

Instagram